This week we’ve been busily buzzing about bees and so we decided to put together a list of 10 things that will help save the bees. We can ALL do something. Think we’ve missed one? Let us know – join in the chat on facebook, twitter or in the comments field on the blog using the #savethebees handle. Or, mail us if you’d rather! email@example.com.
10 things for bees…
1. See if you’re already growing flowers that bees love.
3. If you don’t fancy 1 or 2 how about sponsoring a meadow or other natural habitat that bees love? Here is all the info you need to get supporting those bees!
4. If you see a swarm report it to your local authority who can arrange for a happy local beekeeper to come and take them to a new, lovely home. Don’t disturb them or if you traumatise them they won’t be able do their clever pollinating.
5. Buy local honey – you’ll want some of that for this week’s Thirsty Thursday.
6. Bee friendly. If a honeybee is near you don’t flap. Stop and stay still. Take in the day. The bee will soon move off in search of a prettier bloom
7. Write to your local MP in support of bee research – the govt could do more!
8. Join in with some great bee lovely events this summer. We’ve done the googling for you – so have a look and see what’s happening near you!
9. Make yourself a bee hotel or buy one if you don’t have the time or patience. There’s a hokey-cokey insect study centre in the Woolly Green Shop or a more basic bee hotel if you’re on a tight budget.
10. And if you really love bees and want a fabulous new interest? Become a beekeeper.